Akie’s brushwork preserves the natural features of the stones on which she works, but also lends an eye to the spirit that resides within them.
The artist supplements the images she perceives by researching different living beings, including their ecology and features. The process of breathing intricate life into the stones imbues them with respect for those strands of our grand earth that stretch unbroken from the beginning of time to the present day. Seizan Gallery is proud to deliver this first solo exhibition of Akie’s intensive practice.
05/11/2019(tue) - 16/11/2019(sat)11:00 am - 7:00 pm
11:00 am - 5:00 pm on Saturdays, Sundays and the final day of the exhibition.
Artist in gallery:
11:00 am - 4:00 pm, Nov 5, 9, 10
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm, Nov 6, 13
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Nov 16
Please note that:
1. Clients are served in order of arrival.
2. Purchase of the artwork is limited to 5 per customer.
3. We accept orders only from those who come visit the gallery on the first day of the exhibition.
*Entrance restrictions will apply if there are many visitors due to security reasons. (10 visitors every 15 minutes)
4. Orders by e-mail will be started from 11:00 am, Nov 6 (JST). *
*Orders made by 11:00 am, Nov 6 (JST) will be cancelled if it is sold out on the first day.
5. For International orders: Please contact us via e-mail.
6. You can collect the purchased item after Nov 18 at the gallery. Item(s) will be shipped after Nov 22.
Domestic orders: Cash or bank transfer only
International orders: Paypal only
Domestic: 1,000 JPY
Internationals: 2,000 JPY
List of works is open in the album on our Facebook.